In order to repair damage from a recent flood in our lower floor, The Table's Good Food...
How to organize a food drive
Are you hosting a special event or office party and want guests to contribute a donation for the Good Food Bank? Are you interested in hosting a large food drive? We appreciate and encourage community food drives. Here are a few suggestions that may help make your event successful, fun and easy.
- The Good Food Bank focuses on providing the healthiest and most nutritious food choices available to our participants. When selecting food to donate please take a moment to consider low sodium products, lower fat options, canned fish with high omega 3’s, low sugar cereal, whole grains and whole food choices. Instant or convenience foods, though quick to prepare, generally are heavily processed and have less nutrient value.
- Call the Food Bank at 613 267 6428 Ext#3. We can provide sturdy banana boxes for collecting food items, and a list of our most needed food items. We will also let you know the best time to host your Food Drive so you are not in conflict with other drives happening in the community.
- Let your guests know about your food drive and what kinds of foods we need. We will be happy to provide you with brochures about The Good Food Bank and the other programs at the Table Community Food Centre to hand out or have on display.
- We comply with strict Health and Safety regulations. Please check best before dates and be careful when collecting and storing canned good as we are unable to use many items that have dents.
- Due to health regulations, we cannot accept food items such as wild game, unsealed or home-processed products.
- Be aware that we cannot pick up donations, and are open during specific, limited hours to receive them. Small donations can be dropped off anytime. For larger quantities of food donation please call ahead to arrange a drop off time. Surprise donations can overwhelm our staff and volunteers. A bit of notice gives us a chance to round up extra help and keeps everyone safe and relaxed. It also gives us enough time to let you know how much we appreciate your effort.
- Cash is easy to donate, and lighter to carry and transport than food donations. Plus, cash donations allow us to purchase what we need when we need it. Everyone loves fresh food. Although non-perishable food donations are always welcome, cash donations allow us to provide fresh food with less waste, and to take advantage of great deals when we find them.
We are happy to assist with any questions you may have, and are ready to help make your event a success. For questions about donating to the Good Food Bank, contact Wendy Quarrington at email@example.com.