What you need to access the Good Food Bank
We understand how difficult everything can become when you don't have enough to eat. At the Good Food Bank we make it easy for you to receive a 3-5 day supply of fresh food and staples every month. Here's what you'll need to bring in with you:
- Photo identification for yourself and all adults in your home.
- A piece of mail with your name and address on it.
How it Works
- We are located at 190 Gore Street East. Please come in and go down the stairs into the Good Food Bank.
- The Good Food Bank is organized like a grocery store into different sections: fresh fruits and vegetables, grains, protein and canned food.
- You will be given a shopping card tailored to your family size. The card will show how many points you have to spend in each section. A friendly shopping buddy will offer support and companionship as you complete your shop.
- Remember to bring some bags or boxes to pack your groceries in.
- Please arrive early, as you must allow for enough time to complete your shopping before we close. It takes on average 20-25 minutes to complete a shop.
Don’t have identification?
If you don't have identification please call or come in, we can help.
We do our best to make it easy for you to access good food. We believe everyone should have access to fresh and healthy food.